Patty has lived in the community, designed in the community, and developed Patty Downing Interiors, Inc. to be part of the community
- Professional Interior Designer since 1979.
- Professional Member, American Society of Interior Designers. (ASID)
- Interior Design Advisory Board, Indian River Community College.
- Council of the Arts, Exhibit Committee, Martin County.
- Specialized in historical restoration, R. Esterson Interior Design of Easton, Maryland
- Studied Art History and Design, College of Notre Dame, Belmont, California.
- Studied Interior Design, Chesapeake Community College, Maryland and Indian River Community College, Florida.
- Former Head Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York City.
- Library Foundation of Martin County, Board member since 2001, President 2006-2009
- Lyric Theatre, 2006 Board of Directors, Executive Board
- Participating designer, Children’s Home Society Showcase House 2009, 2011
- Lead designer, Children’s Home Society Showcase House 2010
- Florida License # ID0000401 .
See some of Patty's work here.